One of the news stories we missed late last week was the announcement that Superhuman Happiness put out a video for “Second Heart” via PopMatters. The video was directed by Tatiana McCabe, which features a mix of stop-motion animation, 2D collage-style motion graphics and green screen video fun with the band. We haven’t heard much out of this band lately but that’s likely due to the fact that they’re busy recording their follow-up to Hands and the founding member has been contributing to the Arcade Fire album, Reflektor, including the fact that he’ll be on the road with them as part of their horn section. Not a bad gig at all.
Here’s the video:
Here’s some other stuff getting our attention this morning:[list]
- Neil Young has announced four shows in Canada for January in support of Honor the Treaties.
- St. Vincent has put out a new track called “Birth In Reverse”.
- I can’t say I’m 100% sold on the music that HAIM puts out just yet, but I certainly love their attitude. In case you missed it, they’ve announced a huge 2014 tour and they’re bound to be sticking around for a while, so I need to give them a few more chances before I pass judgment.
- Cut Copy has announced a spring tour and put out an hour-long DJ mix on Soundcloud.
- Very excited to see Bibio has a new EP coming called The Green EP set for release on Warp Records on January 27th. The first sample we get is “Dye The Water Green” and it’s beautiful.
- Oh right, it’s December 9th. Happy YEM day everyone!
Finally, I very much enjoyed the latest episode of Jeff Waful +1 which shows an in-depth look at Jam Cruise and what makes it such a unique event. Check it out here.