It’s funny that I happened upon this because I got it through a nontraditional channel of mine. I have a system, and this link jumped into my lap anyways. Good stuff.
At any rate, Nugs.net has put together a two-disc CD to benefit the Hurricane disasters cleanup in New Orleans, and it looks like a beauty. Check out the tracklist below, and read on for the full press release.
1. Galactic — “Tiger Roll>Space Headz March” Tipitina’s, New Orleans, LA 2/5/05
2. Dave Matthews Band — “Louisiana Bayou” Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Morrison, CO 9/9/05
3. Umphrey’s McGee — “Nemo” The Riviera, Chicago, IL 12/30/04
4. Yonder Mountain String Band — “Keep On Going” Freebird Live, Jacksonville Beach, FL 2/12/05
5. David Grisman Quintet — “Telluride” Sunset Center, Carmel, CA 8/19/04
6. Gov’t Mule — “I’ll Be The One” The Orpheum, New Orleans, LA 4/29/05
7. Outformation — “Into My Arms” Smith’s Olde Point Bar, Atlanta, GA 8/26/05
8. Benevento/Russo Duo featuring Mike Gordon — “Best Reason to Buy The Sun” TwiRoPa, New Orleans, LA 4/30/05
9. Trey Anastasio — “Low” McCarter Theatre, Princeton, NJ 11/14/05
1. Phish — “Possum” Tipitina’s, New Orleans, LA 11/7/91
2. New Riders of the Purple Sage — “Louisiana Lady” Armadillo World Headquarters, Austin, TX 6/13/75
3. The Radiators — “Number Two Pencil” Tipitina’s, New Orleans, LA 4/28/05
4. Particle — “Below Radar” 9:30 Club, Washington, DC 1/1/05
5. Tea Leaf Green — “Taught To Be Proud” Great American Music Hall, San Francisco, CA 7/23/05
6. Jerry Garcia Band — “Cats Under The Stars” Merriweather Post Pavillion, Columbia, MD 9/2/89
7. The String Cheese Incident — “Missin’ Me” Tipitina’s, New Orleans, LA 5/1/99
8. Widespread Panic — “Fishwater” Tipitina’s, New Orleans, LA 6/26/96
Nugs.net Enlists Dave Matthews Band, Phish, Widespread Panic, and Others For Live Download Compilation to Support New Orleans Music Community
LOS ANGELES–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Nov. 28, 2005–Nugs.net, the leader in live music downloads, has assembled an all-star compilation of live tracks to raise money for several New Orleans charities benefiting local musicians. Nugs.net’s artist partners donated the recordings for this compilation, including an exclusive release from Widespread Panic’s archives, hand-picked by Panic front man John Bell and an exclusive, never-before-released song, “Low,” from former Phish guitarist Trey Anastasio and his new band 70 Volt Parade.
Nugs.net and the 17 artists featured on the benefit release organized this compilation out of their dedication to providing continued support for this vital American music community. Other artists contributing to the benefit compilation include Dave Matthews Band, Phish, Jerry Garcia Band, David Grisman Quintet, The String Cheese Incident, Gov’t Mule, Yonder Mountain String Band, Mike Gordon and the Benevento/Russo Duo, Umphrey’s McGee, Tea Leaf Green, Particle, New Riders of the Purple Sage, Outformation, and local New Orleans legends The Radiators and Galactic.
Nugs.net and all the artists involved will donate 100% of the money raised from the sales of this hurricane benefit compilation to the following registered 501 (c)(3) non-profit charities: Tipitina’s Foundation, New Orleans Musician’s Clinic, New Orleans Musician’s Hurricane Relief Fund and Conscious Alliance.
Bill Taylor, director of the Tipitina’s Foundation expressed, “(W)e are empowered that so many people in our country recognize the importance of New Orleans’ own music heritage and its talented musicians. Monies raised from these efforts go immediately to help support displaced musicians as well as our greater mission to support the music and culture of New Orleans as we rebuild in the years to come.”
This two CD benefit compilation album will be available for $10.95 as MP3 downloads and $15.95 as CD-quality FLAC downloads. To purchase, go to http://nugs.net and help support nugs.net’s efforts to rebuild the New Orleans community of musicians.
Dave Malone of The New Orleans Radiators expressed his thanks and says, “Everybody knows that the swamp and river have popped out some pretty incredible musicians! Now is your chance to give back to some of those great musicians who are in need and get some ultra-cool music as well.”
Nugs.net offers high-quality, mastered soundboard recordings of all tracks in MP3 and lossless CD-quality FLAC formats. All download files are compatible with Windows, Mac and Unix, allowing for maximum flexibility and ease of use. Once downloaded, these files can be burned to CD an unlimited number of times, transferred to portable audio players such as Apple’s iPod, or played through a computer. “UNION, JUSTICE & CONFIDENCE, A nugs.net NEW ORLEANS MUSICIANS BENEFIT ALBUM” is available exclusively through http://nugs.net.
Information on these charities can be found at the following web sites:
Tipitina’s Foundation – http://www.tipitinas.com
N.O. Musician’s Hurricane Relief Fund – http://www.preservationhall.com/2.0/donate.php
N.O. Musician’s Clinic – http://www.wwoz.org/clinic/
Conscious Alliance – http://www.consciousalliance.org/
Music service provider nugs.net enterprises, LLC offers a turn-key solution for online music distribution. The nugs.network currently delivers music downloads for over 100 artists including: Dave Matthews Band, Metallica, Phish, the Grateful Dead, Jerry Garcia, Gov’t Mule, Widespread Panic, The String Cheese Incident, The Radiators, and the Bonnaroo Music Festival. Private label websites within the nugs.network include LivePhish.com, LiveMetallica.com, LiveWidespreadPanic.com, LiveDownloads.com, LiveCheese.com, and the free music channel at stash.nugs.net. The nugs.network delivers over 2.5 million downloads per month to nearly 1 million users. More than 50,000 users each month listen to nugs.net radio and download monthly podcasts from the nugs.net live music archives. For more information visit http://nugs.net.