One of the B-3 masters in the Bay Area and a musician I am fortunate enough to see a ton of whenever I frequent the jazz/blues clubs in the area, Wil Blades, has launched a Kickstarter to fund his new album and he’s recruited Jeff Parker from Tortoise and Simon Lott from NOLA. He’s already halfway there, but you can help him get the final dollars together so he can make the project a reality.
Here’s some other stuff catching our attention:
- Speaking of jazz cats that need some money, Stanton Moore has taken to Indiegogo to fund his next record also.
- Very exciting to see that James Murphy has confirmed that the final LCD Soundsystem concert at Madison Square Garden, immortalized in the Shut Up and Play the Hits film, will eventually get released as a live album.
- Check out Lizzy Justesen’s photos from the Rex Benefit this past Saturday over at JamBase.
- Relix is giving away a pair of passes to Phish’s New Years Eve show at MSG.
- Listen to Jim James covering “Turn Your Lights Down Low” by Bob Marley. The cover is for release on a new straight-to-Starbucks album called Sweetheart 2014
Finally, do you like [email protected] If so, this was likely a big week for you. First was the news that Macaulay Culkin had formed a Velvet Underground + pizza themed tribute band called Pizza Underground, and they’ve already even announced a show that hipsters will be able to see in NY at Baby’s All Right this Friday night. Free pizza until supplies last (#WOW). Then came the news that the Foo Fighters played a stealth show at Rock & Roll Pizza earlier this week to get ready for their big shows in Mexico with The National. Imagine seeing that.