If by some crazy chance you’re not feeling in the Christmas spirit yet, make sure you check out the new video from . “Ain’t No Chimneys In the Projects” tells the story of Santa Claus that little Sharon got from her momma as a youngin’ and it’s as funky and soulful as anything she ever lends her name to. We really loved her last video for “Retreat” and this one carries on with the animated theme; check it out below.
Here’s a few other things catching our attention today:
- Fans of Burial got a treat yesterday when the new EP, Rival Dealer, was released on YouTube a week earlier than its scheduled release.
- The Barn Presents has shared an infographic of what 30 years of Phish on tour looks like in a map format, along with a similar infographic for the Grateful Dead. Always love it when these guys geek out on graphics for the rest of us; great work, dudes!
- Speaking of Phish, you may have caught the news that NFL Films has put together a little feature on the band and their “Wilson” connection to Seattle Seahawks QB, Russell Wilson. It’ll air on New Year’s Eve and again on New Year’s Day; the schedule is here.
- Eddie Vedder is doing some solo shows around the Pearl Jam appearances down in Australia around Big Day Out.
- The Beatles and Kraftwerk are among the artists that got nods for this year’s Lifetime Achievement Award recipients from The Grammys.
Finally, I’m off to see Jeff Tweedy tonight at the Fillmore for his second night here in San Francisco. I’m told the show was fantastic, and here’s his opener of “I Am Trying to Break Your Heart”: