I just passed this on Pitchfork and I thought it sounded pretty cool (even though they seem to think it’s lame).
Elvis Costello, Mr. Grandfather of Punk Rock himself, is actually touring the country this spring and performing a split show each night, part symphony with the full performance of his II Sogno as the first half of the show, and part rock and roll with the second half of his show as good ol’ fashioned Elvis.
- 03-27 San Francisco, CA – Davies Symphony Hall *
- 04-13 Houston, TX – Jesse H. Jones Hall for the Performing Arts #
- 04-20 North Bethesda, MD – The Music Center at Strathmore ^
- 04-21 Baltimore, MD – Meyerhoff Symphony Hall ^
- 04-22 Baltimore, MD – Meyerhoff Symphony Hall ^
- 05-10 Boston, MA – Symphony Hall &
- 05-12 Brooklyn, NY – Brooklyn Academy of Music @
- 05-13 Atlanta, GA – Fox Theatre $
* with San Francisco Symphony
# with Houston Symphony
^ with Baltimore Symphony Orchestra
& with Boston Pops
@ with Brooklyn Philharmonic
$ with Atlanta Symphony Orchestra