On May 31st, a special lineup of partners (including Relix and Headcount) will be gathering at the Brooklyn Bowl to auction off Jerry Garcia‘s legendary guitar, Wolf, and along with the auction there will be a special performance anchored by Joe Russo called Joe Russo’s Friends with Benefits. And holy wow that lineup of musicians joining him is bonkers good.
The 1-2-3-4 punch that is the guitar lineup is solid: John Scofield, Nels Cline (Wilco), Neal Casal (Chris Robinson Brotherhood, Circles Around the Sun) and Delicate Steve! GAH! :::faints:::
Billy Martin (Medeski Martin & Wood) will be there along with obviously Joe Russo, so we’ll have a full Rhythm Devils vibes represented. Scott Metzger, Tom Hamilton and Dave Dreiwitz will all be there, too (but no Marco!). Frequency Russo collaborator Cass McCombs is going to be there also. Check out the full list below, it’s really quite impressive.
Wolf (Jerry Garcia’s Legendary Guitar) Live Auction with special live performance by Joe Russo’s Friends with Benefits at Brooklyn Bowl!
Jerry Garcia’s guitar “Wolf” is being auctioned off live at Brooklyn Bowl on Wednesday, May 31. 100% of the auction & show proceeds will be donated to the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC). Limited ticket quantities available, with no service fees! Custom show poster, with revenue donated to SPLC! More details to come!
Joe Russo’s Friends with benefits lineup below:
– John Scofield
– Nels Cline (Wilco)
– Neal Casal (Chris Robinson Brotherhood, Circles Around the Sun)
– Billy Martin (Medeski Martin & Wood)
– Joe Russo
– Cass McCombs
– Dave Dreiwitz (Ween, Joe Russo’s Almost Dead)
– Dave Harrington (DARKSIDE, Hooteroll? + Plus)
– Tom Hamilton (Joe Russo’s Almost Dead, Tom Hamilton’s American Babies)
– Delicate Steve
– Scott Metzger (Joe Russo’s Almost Dead)
– Jon Shaw (Bob Weir, Shakey Graves)
– Erik Deutsch (Charlie Hunter, Hooteroll? + Plus)
– Alecia Shakour (Tedeschi Trucks Band)
– Eric D Johnson (Fruit Bats)
– Jonathan Goldberger (Red Baraat, Hooteroll? + Plus)
– Cochemea Gastelum (Dap-Kings)