There’s been a decent amount of news and interesting links rounding out the blogs over the past few days — not to mention a slew of music festival schedule announcements — so I thought I’d round it up a bit with a hump day version of Heady Links. In fact, I think there’s so much going on that we don’t tend to cover that we may just start throwing that together into a daily post here on the site. I tend to have an erratic schedule at work and I try not to let the blog duties get in the way of that, so if the first few roundups suck then you can blame my lack of sleep, most likely the only way I’ll be sure to have the time for this every day.
Get down with yo’ bad self:
- Hidden Track just got the word that Trey Anastasio has been added to the lineup of All Points West, and unlike his return to acoustic form at the Newport Folk and Rothbury festivals, he’s playing All Points with Russ Lawton, Tony Markellis, Russ Lawton and Ray Paczkowski. This is good news.
- Matt from You Ain’t No Picasso buys a laptop and celebrates with some computer love courtesy of LMB fave Kraftwerk. I think it still surprises me to see Kraftwerk on a blog — any blog, really — so it definitely deserves a link here.
- In case you haven’t done so already, Jam Cruise 9 tickets are now on sale and people are already actively reserving cabins. If you’re going this year, send us an email if you feel like helping to contribute a review or two.
- JamBase has a review and a huge set of photos up from Mountain Jam 2008. Paul will probably be posting some more photos from the festival soon, and it looks like most people came away really psyched on the entire weekend.
- Our buddy the joker from the Coventry Music Blog wrote a great post about festivals and all the lineup haters out there. Definitely worth a read.
- I absolutely loved Jesse Jarnow’s post on the Prince “Creep” performance at Coachella. Read it and download the mp3 before Prince himself shuts down JJ’s site.
- Greg Kot put up his Top 10 list of concerts coming up in Chicago this summer.
On an unrelated note, last week’s Lost finale was clearly epic, and now we have many, many months to wait until the series comes back. Someone forwarded me a fantastic link to the McSweeny’s take on the pilot episode script that was never used, which will effectively spoil all four seasons of the show thus far if you’ve never watched a second of it. For fans like me, though, it was a solid LOL.