While flipping through channels last night between watching some Lost: Season One on DVD, we landed on the Oscars at just the right time…
Five thoughts on the Oscar-winning, “It’s Hard Out Here for a Pimp.”
1. I had no idea this was actually a song, and I had never heard this, nor heard of Three 6 Mafia, nor seen Hustle & Flow. Therefore, the introduction to this, the buildup with Ludacris, and finally hearing the song was nearly too much for my better half and I to handle. We were flipping the channels and we ended on this and just started cracking up. Immediately.
2. The end of the song, with the “it’s so hard…being a PIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMP!!!!” got even more laughter.
3. Best. Acceptance speech. Ever. The adrenaline pumping through these guys is just juicing out of their mouth into a completely nonsensical laugh-fest with them thanking everybody, the Academy, and their moms.’
4. I totally had that, “why do pimps have it so hard that we need to see their interpretive dancing?” joke right before Jon Stewart ends his bit on that. His “easier” for a pimp quip was pretty good, and overall, you can tell that Jon got a huge kick out of that performance also.
5. I’m lucky that this is the longest segment I caught, because the rest of the show segments I saw were completely terrible. It sucks that we actually look forward to this as quality entertainment. I guess it’s all worth it considering I got a blog post and some good laughs out of the deal.