There’s tons of killer live music happening around San Francisco this week, including the Treasure Island Music Festival this weekend. I’m not sure I’ll be going even though I originally thought that there was no way I would miss it, so I’m still a bit conflicted on it to be honest. I’m sure I could get tickets last minute if I needed to, so it’s just more about how much energy I’ve got and whether or not I can get into Fleet Foxes tomorrow night at the Independent. Why the hell did I not get tickets to that sooner?
What’s going on in your neck of the woods? Leave some comments on what you’re planning on doing this weekend. Here are some other links to keep your mind busy in the meantime.
- Matt has a few photos up from Holy Fuck at Monolith [You Ain’t No Picasso]
- Kings of Leon are going to be on Saturday Night Live this weekend. Their tour starts soon as well; check out the dates here.
- Smashing Pumpkins are releasing a two-disc DVD chronicling their reunion last year. One of the discs will have some live footage from their showcases in San Francisco and Asheville. [Pitchfork]
- Gov’t Mule is going out in tour in October all the way through to New Year’s Eve with a reinvigorated lineup. They’ve replaced bassist Andy Hess with Jorgen Carlsson, and the band seems eager to get on the road to show off the new sound. Plus, they just announced their New Year’s Eve shows in New York City. They’re playing two nights at the Hammerstein Ballroom. [liveDaily]
- Connor shares the open letter from The Airborne Toxic Event in response to the 1.6 rating they got on their latest album review from Pitchfork. Totally worth a read. [i guess i’m floating]
Finally, I’d be silly not to link to the new Phish-themed blog launched by Scotty B. over at Hidden Track. It’s cleverly titled You Enjoy MyBlog, and it features daily posts on all things Phish and Phish media on the internets. Sweet!