Fans of the D are in for a treat if they’re anywhere around San Francisco during this year’s annual SF Sketchfest; the lineup for the festival was announced late last week and Tenacious D will be making an appearance headlining the opening night. There’s a ton of great comedy included on the lineup and even Maya Rudolph is doing her Prince cover band thing at some point, so head over to their site now to start picking up some tickets. Most of the really good events will sell-out so don’t wait too long.
Here’s some other stuff that caught our attention today:
- 2013 is the breakout year for Lorde and she’ll be following up the big year with a tour in early 2014. Head over to http://lorde.co.nz/ for dates.
- Beyonce pulled off quite a feat last Friday by dropping a new album on iTunes that was previously unannounced and not promoted. I’ve yet to fully digest what went down but here’s an NPR Music story on the release. Greg Kot reviewed the album already also. She’s already sold about a million albums, too. #ThatShitCray
- Make sure to update your Live Nation app to the latest version.
- Kings of Leon were the musical guest on this weekend’s Saturday Night Live; watch them perform “Wait For Me” and “Temple”.
- Have you heard the new U2 track yet? “Ordinary Love” was released a few weeks back and they posted another version of the track today mixed by Paul Epworth which was contributed to Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom.
Finally, Pearl Jam has already announced a set of dates for Europe next summer. Here’s what Pollstar is showing for their itinerary:
June 16 – Amsterdam, Netherlands, Ziggo Dome
June 20 – Milan, Italy, Stadio Giuseppe Meazza
June 22 – Trieste, Italy, Stadeo Nereo Rocco
June 25 – Vienna, Austria, Wiener Stadthalle
June 26 – Berlin, Germany, Kindl-Buehne Wuhlheide
June 28 – Solna, Sweden, Stockholm Friends Arena
June 29 – Fornebu, Norway, Telenor Arena
July 3 – Gdynia, Poland, Festival Grounds, (Open’er Festival)
July 5 – Werchter, Belgium, Festival Park (Rock Werchter Festival)
July 8 – Leeds, U.K., First District Arena
July 11 – Milton Keynes, United Kingdom, Milton Keynes Bowl