U2 working with Danger Mouse on new album
Who isn’t working with producer Danger Mouse (Daft Punk, Black Keys, Norah Jones, Beck) these days? According to several online publications who cite a recent Hot Press interview with bassist Adam Clayton, the band is tracking with Danger Mouse and “very much want to have a record out by the end of the year, September, October, November. That kind of time… We’re really trying to get into territory that we’re not comfortable in. If that makes sense…” It’s been four years since the band released No Line on the Horizon and these are the most promising comments since last July when Bono told fans “We’ve had the best three weeks in the studio since 1979…I think they are [the band] very aware that U2 have to do something very special to have a reason to exist right now.”
We’ll have more as it develops. 2013 is turning into quite the year for new releases!
- 06/18/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Four Highlights and Best of Roo Awards
- 06/17/2013 • Music Midtown 2013: Phoenix, RHCP, Queens of the Stone Age and More Lead ATL Festival
- 06/17/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti @ Tipitina’s Uptown NOLA 6/15/13
- 06/17/2013 • Pink Floyd Releases Catalog On Spotify
- 06/17/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Three Highlights (Superjam, Two Gallants & William Tyler)