Pitchfork releases documentary for The Flaming Lips’ classic ‘Soft Bulletin’
The Flaming Lips released the The Soft Bulletin in 1999, which many at the time called “a modern classic” (We’d agree). Now, almost 14-years later, Pitchfork has made available a 45-minute film chronicling the creative process that went into “one of the 90s’ definitive rock records.” The documentary premiered on Pitchfork TV last year and is finally on Youtube. It includes rare (weird) footage, photographs and interviews with Wayne Coyne, Steven Drozd, Michael Ivins, producer Dave Fridmann, and manager Scott Booker. Watch it now!
About the author
Aaron is originally from the east coast (Warren, MA) but currently resides on the West Side in Santa Monica, CA working as an editor for the Fox Sports Network. Besides live music (Phish, Wilco, Bill Frisell), he appreciates street art, photography, Wes Anderson films, and traveling. Follow him on twitter and instagram.
- 04/07/2013 • The Flaming Lips’ New LP ‘The Terror’ Is Streaming Now on NPR’s First Listen
- 04/03/2013 • Wayne Coyne Delivers Quoteworthy Reddit AMA Session
- 03/04/2013 • Forecastle Festival 2013 Lineup: Black Keys, String Cheese Incident, Animal Collective and more
- 03/01/2013 • Record Store Day 2013: Releases by The Black Keys, The Flaming Lips, Punch Brothers and More Announced
- 01/08/2013 • The Black Keys announce dates with the Flaming Lips
- 05/20/2013 • Coachella 2014: Dates Confirmed, Presales Soon
- 05/20/2013 • First City Festival: Passion Pit, Modest Mouse, MGMT, Beach House and more
- 05/19/2013 • WATCH: Kanye West on Saturday Night Live
- 05/19/2013 • SETLIST / VIDEO: Rolling Stones (w/ Dave Grohl) @ Honda Center, Anaheim, CA 5/18/13
- 05/17/2013 • My Morning Jacket Will Begin Work On New LP This Fall