Fans Getting Antsy, Fake Bonnaroo Posters Begin Flooding In
Underwhelmed by Coachella’s headliners? Perplexed by Pitchfork Fest’s oddball selections? Confused as to why Maroon 5 is playing at Jazz Fest? Don’t worry because (a) there’s always plenty to enjoy in the smaller print at the aforementioned festivals (for P4K, we assume) and (b) there are still plenty of big ticket festivals yet to release their lineups like Bonnaroo (expected to reveal their lineup within the next week via live Weird Al video announcement), the noticeably still-unannounced Hangout Fest lineup, Lolla, Outside Lands and ACL to name a few.
Both of these slates above and below would do just fine (although the one below would mark the smallest initial artist announcement by a long shot for the Roo since the inaugural fest) and the rumored Paul McCartney appearance, for what it’s worth, is still very much a rumor. The idea of an Neil Patrick Harris emcee’d Bonnaroo and/or a Daniel Tosh appearance is intriguing and it will be interesting to see if the festival landed another big name comedic act like it did with Chris Rock in 2008 and CONAN in 2010.
Check out our wish list post here and let us know who you’d like to see on the Tennessee farm this June. According to Consequence of Sound’s always trusty Festival Outlook, Jim James, Wolfgang Gartner and JEFF the Brotherhood are the only confirms as of yet, but there has been some substantial chatter about a return visit from Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (last headlined in 2006) and a first-ever performance by a Beatle in Manchester, TN if the McCartney rumors are true.
Until then, patiently waiting for Weird Al to make the call.
LES CLAYPOOL – “ONE BETTER” (LIVE AT BONNAROO 2008)
Wesley grew up in coastal Georgia and is a former resident of The Music City and the Big Easy where he helped get Live Music Blog: NOLA off-the-ground, managing it in New Orleans through Jazz Fest 2012. Hodges now lives amongst THE CALIFORNIANS as a newcomer to West LA. His favorite artists include My Morning Jacket, Sigur Rós, Widespread Panic, The Allman Brothers Band, Dr. Dog, Tame Impala, Anders Osborne, Radiohead and Bobby & The Midnites. Daft Punk is actually playing at his house tonight and you're invited.
- 05/15/2013 • Passion Pit and DJ Jazzy Jeff Included In Bonnaroo 2013 Silent Disco Lineup
- 05/01/2013 • Seven Must-See Sets on Bonnaroo’s Newly Released Schedule
- 04/30/2013 • Bonnaroo Announces 2013 Late Night Lineup
- 04/03/2013 • WATCH: D’Angelo & Questlove Bonnaroo Superjam Features Ohio Players and Funkadelic Snippets
- 03/28/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Comedy Lineup Announced (Daniel Tosh, Bob Saget, David Cross and More)
- 05/25/2013 • Tommy Hamilton’s Beard and Straight Unexpected Fire – Electron @ Toad’s Place 5/11/13
- 05/24/2013 • PHOTOS / VIDEOS: Colin Stetson @ Museum of Fine Arts, Boston 5/9/13
- 05/23/2013 • WATCH: Prince – “Let’s Go Crazy -> FixUrLifeUp -> Let’s Go Crazy” @ Billboard Music Awards 2013
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates