Pitchfork Music Festival: R. Kelly, Bjork and Belle and Sebastian to Headline 2013 Lineup
The Pitchfork Music Festival just announced their three top talents for this year’s festival set once again in Union Park in Chicago on the weekend of July 19-21, and I had to read the release twice before I fully grasped how epic it is. Headlining this year’s festival will be R. Kelly, Bjork and Belle & Sebastian. YEP. Belle and Sebastian. I know you’re as surprised as me to read that…
Okay but seriouisly, R. Kelly? I feel like this already looks more like the Gathering of the Juggalos lineup than a typical Pitchfork fest and I have no understanding of why anyone in the “indie” scene is going to stay around to watch R. Kelly perform on stage unless they’re watching it ironically. No wonder everyone hates hipsters.
Your move, Bonnaroo.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 05/23/2013 • WATCH: Prince – “Let’s Go Crazy -> FixUrLifeUp -> Let’s Go Crazy” @ Billboard Music Awards 2013
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track
- 05/22/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: The Black Angels & Hanni El Khatib @ The Mayan LA 5/21/13