Daft Punk Signs to Columbia, New Album Coming Soon
Huge news dropped last night for fans of the ever elusive duo Daft Punk; it turns out the band has just signed with Columbia Records and numerous sources are reporting that their next album could be due out as early as this spring. Suddenly all of those notions of them playing Coachella don’t seem far off, even though the lineup that was just announced doesn’t feature them anywhere on the two weekend affair. According to the Hollywood Reporter, the Coachella offer was on the table and it was turned down. Maybe the Bonnaroo team already put in a better offer? We can only speculate and hope for an interesting summer of live music if these two return to the stage.
Their last album was Human After All in 2005, then they did the Tron Legacy soundtrack and a few remix releases, so this album release is a long time coming. We’ll have more on this as it becomes available.
- 05/14/2013 • WATCH: The Stepkids Jazzy Cover of Daft Punk’s “Get Lucky”
- 05/13/2013 • STREAM: Daft Punk’s “Random Access Memories” Right Now
- 05/13/2013 • WATCH: Daft Punk Unveils ‘Random Access Memories’ Vinyl Packaging Porn
- 05/07/2013 • WATCH: DJ Falcon on how NASA helped Daft Punk
- 04/30/2013 • WATCH: Chilly Gonzales play segments from new Daft Punk record
- 05/17/2013 • My Morning Jacket Will Begin Work On New LP This Fall
- 05/17/2013 • PHOTOS: Kurt Vile & the Violators @ Bowery Ballroom, NYC 5/16/13
- 05/17/2013 • Interlocken Festival 2013: Neil Young, Furthur, SCI, Black Crowes and More
- 05/17/2013 • WEBCAST: Hangout Music Fest 2013 on MTV.com
- 05/16/2013 • NEW MUSIC: Queens of the Stone Age Debut “If I Had A Tail”