Postal Service Reunites, Coachella Already Confirmed
Earlier this week Postal Service’s website which had been dormant for years was updated with a new 2013 graphic. Now Billboard confirms that the 10th anniversary of “Give Up” will be a big year for Ben Gibbard (Death Cab for Cutie) and Jimmy Tamborello (DNTEL). The two will reunite and play Coachella in April along with the release of a deluxe edition of “Give Up”, their acclaimed 2003 album.
According to the press releases, The Give Up Deluxe 10th Anniversary Edition will include the original 10-track album along with 15 bonus tracks (including the 2 brand new songs “Turn Around” and “A Tattered Line of String,” a previously unreleased live recording, and every other official recording the band has ever released–as well as cover versions of Postal Service classics by The Shins and Iron & Wine.) The duo plan to add more tour dates and festivals in 2013 besides the already confirmed Coachella date. Don’t get your hopes up for a new album however.
Gibbard said in an October interview with Spinner that “There are no plans to make a second record…I’m much more interested in playing music than creating it, so to speak.”
About the author
Aaron is originally from the east coast (Warren, MA) but currently resides on the West Side in Santa Monica, CA working as an editor for the Fox Sports Network. Besides live music (Phish, Wilco, Bill Frisell), he appreciates street art, photography, Wes Anderson films, and traveling. Follow him on twitter and instagram.
- 05/24/2013 • PHOTOS / VIDEOS: Colin Stetson @ Museum of Fine Arts, Boston 5/9/13
- 05/23/2013 • WATCH: Prince – “Let’s Go Crazy -> FixUrLifeUp -> Let’s Go Crazy” @ Billboard Music Awards 2013
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track