New LivePhish Release (5/3/93) Expected to Benefit Hurricane Sandy Victims
A user on Phish.net has uncovered an unannounced LivePhish release with proceeds going to Hurricane Sandy Victims. The page (since removed) featured a pre-order link for Phish’s show on 5/3/93 at The State Theatre in New Brunswick, NJ. The page went live for a few hours on Monday but has since been taken down. A Google search does show the link as existing in the world wide web at somepoint. We’ll update you when Phish makes it official. Here’s the setlist from that night.
State Theatre, New Brunswick, NJ
Set 1: Buried Alive, Rift, Weigh > Chalk Dust Torture, Esther > Split Open and Melt, Colonel Forbin’s Ascent > Fly Famous Mockingbird -> The Vibration of Life -> Fly Famous Mockingbird, Possum, Lawn Boy > Cavern
Set 2: AC/DC Bag > The Curtain > Tweezer -> Manteca -> Tweezer > Contact > It’s Ice > McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters > Runaway Jim, Big Ball Jam > Hold Your Head Up > Love You > Hold Your Head Up > Love You > Hold Your Head Up, My Sweet One, Tweezer Reprise
Encore: Memories, Amazing Grace, Highway to Hell
 Random Note signal in intro.
 Theme from Star Trek tease from Page.
 Mockingbird tease from Trey in intro.
 I Feel the Earth Move teases.
 Without microphones.
Notes: The Esther intro contained a Random Note signal. The Mockingbird narration included the Vibration of Life and a tease of the theme from Star Trek from Page. The Possum intro contained a Mockingbird tease from Trey and Tweezer included I Feel the Earth Move teases. Love You included a Page-led HYHU sandwiched in the middle after Fishman rambled on with crew introductions. Memories and Amazing Grace were performed without microphones. (Setlist from Phish.net)
- 09/19/2012 • Brand Spanking New LivePhish Release, 12/6/97 Auburn Hills
- 07/24/2012 • VIDEO : Phish Releases Sneakin’ Sally Jam > Ghost from SPAC 7/6/12
- 11/07/2011 • DOWNLOAD: Mike Gordon Band @ Orange Peel, Asheville 3/20/11
- 10/27/2011 • Phish officially releases Hampton/Winston-Salem ’97
- 10/17/2011 • Phish to release Hampton/Winston-Salem ’97 set
- 06/18/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Four Highlights and Best of Roo Awards
- 06/17/2013 • Music Midtown 2013: Phoenix, RHCP, Queens of the Stone Age and More Lead ATL Festival
- 06/17/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti @ Tipitina’s Uptown NOLA 6/15/13
- 06/17/2013 • Pink Floyd Releases Catalog On Spotify
- 06/17/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Three Highlights (Superjam, Two Gallants & William Tyler)