James Murphy to Collaborate on Arcade Fire’s New Album
It’s been busy in the Arcade Fire department this week. Not only did the band play a surprise gig in Montreal in which they debuted all new songs, but James Murphy (Founder, LCD Soundsystem) is now confirmed in helping to produce three or four of the tracks on the new album as well. The as-of-yet untitled release is due later in 2013. ArcadeFireTube reports that AF’s manager Scott Rodger is featured in the industry trade journal Music Week. In the story it’s revealed that the band is working with “Murphy on three or so songs, plus Markus Dravs who is a long-time collaborator. They write too many songs — that’s a good problem to have. There’s around 35 songs with Arcade Fire, two albums’-worth for sure.”
Should we just pencil in Arcade Fire for another Grammy?
— Arcade Fire tube (@ArcadeFiretube) December 7, 2012
About the author
Aaron is originally from the east coast (Warren, MA) but currently resides on the West Side in Santa Monica, CA working as an editor for the Fox Sports Network. Besides live music (Phish, Wilco, Bill Frisell), he appreciates street art, photography, Wes Anderson films, and traveling. Follow him on twitter and instagram.
- 03/19/2013 • Arcade Fire in NYC working on Fourth LP at James Murphy’s DFA Studios
- 01/10/2013 • Arcade Fire to play Kanaval Benefit Concert in Montreal on Feb. 23rd
- 12/02/2012 • Arcade Fire play surprise show, debut new songs as Les Identiks
- 10/26/2012 • FILM REVIEW: Shut Up and Play The Hits
- 10/07/2012 • VIDEO: Arcade Fire Perform New Song “Crucified”
- 06/18/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Four Highlights and Best of Roo Awards
- 06/17/2013 • Music Midtown 2013: Phoenix, RHCP, Queens of the Stone Age and More Lead ATL Festival
- 06/17/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti @ Tipitina’s Uptown NOLA 6/15/13
- 06/17/2013 • Pink Floyd Releases Catalog On Spotify
- 06/17/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Three Highlights (Superjam, Two Gallants & William Tyler)