CONCERT RECAP: Justice @ The Warfield, San Francisco, CA 11/4/12
Parisians Gaspard Auge and Xavier de Rosnay, respectively in below photos, have been tearing up dancefloors around the world in the last six years after gaining enormous notoriety by music listeners and DJ/Producers alike from their debut remix of Simian retitled “We Are Your Friends.” Since then the duo has come out with one D.A.N.C.E. anthem after the next stemming mostly from their debut album, Cross. Sunday night at The Warfield was nothing less than the culmination of Justice’s epic opera-disco rock music and persona in full effect.
Justice took the stage at 9:15 with their usual stage set-up complete with stacks of Marshall amps, fitted with LEDs flanking their trademark glowing cross all mixed with the House light show style wall of bulbs behind them. With the massive glowing cross lit up solely in the darkness, the show opened with “Genesis,” and got the crowd pumped before transitioning into “Civilization,” for some disco time Justice continued the show musically with no surprises song wise, but with the skillful and precise timing they have familiarized themselves with. Vocals of “We Are Your Friends” and “D.A.N.C.E.” were heard throughout the set although the original mix of neither was ever played. “Waters of Nazareth” and “Stress” showcased some of their harder “fidget house” stripes while the more rock-oriented “Audio. Video. Disco.” kept the crowd in the upbeat rock show vibe. The group closed out on an encore of a long extended “On and On” and finally finished on a high-note with all three of their mixes of “Phantom” bashed together for the grand finale.
Justice is incredibly on-point with everything in their live show performance, and I admire them for honoring the classic Rock n’ Roll spectacle in Electronic music.
About the author
Patrick Hagan currently lives in San Francisco, CA and is attending The Academy of Art University as a Motion Picture and Television major. He previously went to the University of Colorado at Boulder and was a contributor to LMB CO.
- 05/03/2013 • LIVE VEGAS BLOG: REHAB’s 10th Anniversary Weekend (featuring PRINCE & JUSTICE)
- 11/27/2012 • Live Music Blog’s Best of 2012: Concerts, Albums, Artists and More (PART ONE)
- 11/12/2012 • PHOTOS: HARD Day of the Dead 2012
- 10/22/2012 • HARD Day of the Dead 2012 Lineup and Video Trailer
- 09/04/2012 • A Closer Look at the 2012 Voodoo Experience Lineup
- 05/17/2013 • My Morning Jacket Will Begin Work On New LP This Fall
- 05/17/2013 • PHOTOS: Kurt Vile & the Violators @ Bowery Ballroom, NYC 5/16/13
- 05/17/2013 • Interlocken Festival 2013: Neil Young, Furthur, SCI, Black Crowes and More
- 05/17/2013 • WEBCAST: Hangout Music Fest 2013 on MTV.com
- 05/16/2013 • NEW MUSIC: Queens of the Stone Age Debut “If I Had A Tail”