PHOTOS / VIDEOS: Clairy Browne & the Bangin’ Rackettes @ The Mint LA 11/13/12
Sexy and swingin’ nine-piece Australian retro soul outfit Clairy Browne and the Bangin’ Rackettes made their proper U.S. debut at The Mint in Los Angeles on Tuesday night (they also put on a last-minute performance on Monday in Santa Monica at Central Social Aid & Pleasure Club – a soft debut, if you will). LMB was in the house for the soundcheck before the explosive and packed house performance began just after 8:45.
With well-attuned harmonies on both vocal and choreographic fronts, these Aussies’ sense of style and swagger seemed to leave an indelible impression on a crowd (that had to be entirely made up) of newcomers. Will be interesting to see just how far this band can go. On Tuesday, it was a pleasure seeing an up-and-coming (and much buzzed about) band earn their wings stateside as an international touring force to be reckoned with.
Check out a couple videos and a photo gallery from the pre-show and headlining performances in West L.A. below.
Wesley grew up in coastal Georgia and is a former resident of The Music City and the Big Easy where he helped get Live Music Blog: NOLA off-the-ground, managing it in New Orleans through Jazz Fest 2012. Hodges is now an attorney living amongst THE CALIFORNIANS in West LA. His favorite artists include My Morning Jacket, Pink Floyd, Sigur Rós, Widespread Panic, Futurebirds, The Allman Brothers Band, Dr. Dog, Tame Impala, Anders Osborne, Monster Rally, Radiohead and Bobby & The Midnites. Daft Punk is actually playing at his house tonight and you're invited.
- 06/18/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Four Highlights and Best of Roo Awards
- 06/17/2013 • Music Midtown 2013: Phoenix, RHCP, Queens of the Stone Age and More Lead ATL Festival
- 06/17/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti @ Tipitina’s Uptown NOLA 6/15/13
- 06/17/2013 • Pink Floyd Releases Catalog On Spotify
- 06/17/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Three Highlights (Superjam, Two Gallants & William Tyler)