CONCERT RECAP: Generationals @ Tipitina’s Uptown, NOLA 11/3/12
New Orleans duo Generationals treated their hometown to a tight, energetic set of their irresistible brand of indie pop at Tipitina’s last Saturday as they wound down a national tour that seems to have given them some well deserved attention. The exuberant (if minimal) crowd danced and howled appropriately with the band as they churned through a mix of songs from 2011’s Actor-Caster, and their debut, Con Law. Joined by a touring drummer and bassist, the band beefed up the tight arrangements of their studio recordings to deliver a set packed with a multitude of short, yet powerful, dance-rock tunes.
About the author
A recent transplant to New Orleans, Shane spends his free time attending as many live events of the musical variety as he possibly can. From brass bands to rock shows, you can usually find him as close to the stage as possible swaying to the beat and sipping an Abita.
- 05/19/2013 • WATCH: Kanye West on Saturday Night Live
- 05/19/2013 • SETLIST / VIDEO: Rolling Stones (w/ Dave Grohl) @ Honda Center, Anaheim, CA 5/18/13
- 05/17/2013 • My Morning Jacket Will Begin Work On New LP This Fall
- 05/17/2013 • PHOTOS: Kurt Vile & the Violators @ Bowery Ballroom, NYC 5/16/13
- 05/17/2013 • Interlocken Festival 2013: Neil Young, Furthur, SCI, Black Crowes and More
Comments are closed.