CONCERT RECAP: Primus @ The Tabernacle, Atlanta, GA 10/31/12
Primus has to be one of the best bands on earth to celebrate Halloween with and the Tabernacle is without a doubt the perfect venue to host such an occasion. It was a party from start to finish featuring some new tunes, some old tunes, and a 15 year bust out. The first set was filled with mostly new and some old, with Primus showing off their jammier side with lots of nice and spooky improvisation.
The second set was a barn burner that featured some oldies that had the crowd raging hard until the last note. After “My Name Is Mud,” which was a huge highlight in and of itself, Les said, “I don’t want to blow a bunch of smoke, but this is the best crowd I’ve ever played for… and to celebrate we are going to play a song we haven’t played in about 15 years.” The band immediately ripped into “The Heckler,” which got an enormous reaction from the crowd and went on to be the highest highlight of the evening. With 3d visuals, halloween costumes a plenty, and a couple raucous sets of music, this one was certainly a treat for the tips.
SETLIST: PRIMUS @ The Tabernacle, Atlanta, GA || Wednesday, October 31st, 2012
Set I: American Life, Dirty Drowning Man, Moron TV, Southbound Pachyderm, Over the Falls, Lee Van Cleef, Spegetti Western,. Wynonna’s Big Brown Beaver, Those Damned Blue-Collar Tweekers
Set II: Hamburger Train, Del Davis Tree Farm, Glass Sandwich, Jilly’s on Smack, On the Tweek Again, My Name Is Mud, The Heckler, Extinction Burst, Harold of the Rocks,
Encore: Tommy the Cat > The Awakening > Tommy the Cat, Too Many Puppies > Hello Skinny > Too Many Puppies
Intro/ American Life
Dirty Drowning Man
— LIVE MUSIC BLOG.com (@livemusicblog) November 1, 2012
About the author
Billy is a lifelong music fan originally from St. Simons Island, GA who has lived in the music meccas of Athens, GA and Nashville, TN. He currently resides in Atlanta, GA and continues to see shows and attends festivals around the country on a regular basis. While his tastes are eclectic, Phish holds the ultimate musical key to his heart.
- 12/30/2011 • PHOTOS / SETLIST: STS9 @ The Tabernacle ATL – 12/29/11
- 12/27/2011 • LMB ATL: STS9 5 Night Run @ the Tabernacle to Ring in 2012
- 11/22/2011 • VIDEOS: Dumpstaphunk @ Masquerade Atlanta 11/10/11
- 11/16/2011 • REVIEW / PHOTOS: The Raconteurs @ The Tabernacle, Atlanta 11/13/11
- 11/10/2011 • REVIEW / PHOTOS – Foo Fighters @ Gwinnett Arena, Atlanta 11/7/11
- 06/18/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Four Highlights and Best of Roo Awards
- 06/17/2013 • Music Midtown 2013: Phoenix, RHCP, Queens of the Stone Age and More Lead ATL Festival
- 06/17/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti @ Tipitina’s Uptown NOLA 6/15/13
- 06/17/2013 • Pink Floyd Releases Catalog On Spotify
- 06/17/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Three Highlights (Superjam, Two Gallants & William Tyler)