REVIEW / PHOTOS / VIDEO: Antibalas @ Tipitina’s 10/9/12
The animated horn-section ruthlessly twists the floor into a frenzy of flailing arms and swaying hips, while the hypnotizing keyboard work keeps the cadenced groove from breaking it’s trance. Easy comparisons to the afro-beat deity Fela Kuti and his groups are first to come to mind, but it’s the music’s resemblance to the breakbeat sounds of early era J.B.’s and even New Orleans brass that really makes them the interesting company that they are.
- 05/17/2013 • My Morning Jacket Will Begin Work On New LP This Fall
- 05/17/2013 • PHOTOS: Kurt Vile & the Violators @ Bowery Ballroom, NYC 5/16/13
- 05/17/2013 • Interlocken Festival 2013: Neil Young, Furthur, SCI, Black Crowes and More
- 05/17/2013 • WEBCAST: Hangout Music Fest 2013 on MTV.com
- 05/16/2013 • NEW MUSIC: Queens of the Stone Age Debut “If I Had A Tail”
Comments are closed.