CONCERT RECAP: Pretty Lights Illumination Tour @ Mardi Gras World, NOLA 10/6/12
As the first smooth synth line was thrown at the crowd, the open night sky was transformed in to an orgy of lasers, LEDs, strobes, and a stage that was in the shape of a downtown skyline, garnished with bridge and all. And the bass, yeah it was definitely there too, the kind that gets into your blood and stays there deep into the night, whether you like it or not. What sets Pretty Lights apart from other electronic artists is his eclectic sound. Sampling sounds, riffs, and vocals, from the likes of Notorious BIG, Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, and Radiohead has been nothing new to a Pretty Lights show before, but during the middle of his set he debuted a new one to the delight of the attendees with an eloquent and heartfelt track recorded with the Preservation Hall Jazz Band, which was recorded right here in New Orleans this past year.
- 01/25/2013 • Ultra Music Festival 2013 Announces Phase 2 Lineup
- 08/24/2012 • With Your Friends Fest: Skrillex, Pretty Lights, Santigold and more in Nashville
- 06/29/2012 • PREVIEW: Pretty Lights returns to NOLA this October
- 06/14/2012 • Hard Summer 2012: Lineup Announced
- 05/21/2012 • Holy Ship!! 2013 Lineup: Justice, Major Lazer, Big Gigantic & more…
- 06/18/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Four Highlights and Best of Roo Awards
- 06/17/2013 • Music Midtown 2013: Phoenix, RHCP, Queens of the Stone Age and More Lead ATL Festival
- 06/17/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti @ Tipitina’s Uptown NOLA 6/15/13
- 06/17/2013 • Pink Floyd Releases Catalog On Spotify
- 06/17/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Three Highlights (Superjam, Two Gallants & William Tyler)
Comments are closed.