A Wilco Tour Roundup & The Plea for an Electric “Spiders”
Wilco has been on an absolute tear as of late. Specifically since their eighth album, The Whole Love came out in September of last year. Jeff Tweedy and Co. have been traveling from city to city, armed with a deep catalog they seem to be changing up on a nightly basis. Except for ‘Impossible Germany’, which is thankfully played at every gig and should be until Nels Cline either leaves the band or they break up all together (gasp!) Live Music Blog will be committed to bringing you coverage of the remaining US tour dates so keep checking back. Last night the band played Arizona and on Friday and Saturday they play the Greek Theatre in Berkeley, CA. Check out the brand new music video for “Sunloathe” and my plea to Jeff Tweedy after the jump
Yesterday, Wilco released a brand new video of “SunLoathe” directed by @PeterGlantz with art by crew member Nathaniel Murphy. It’s a pretty trippy video that you’ve got to see.
A Plea to Jeff Tweedy for an Electric Spiders (Kidsmoke):
Please return “Spiders (Kidsmoke)” to it’s rightful place in electric ladyland. Lately, the band has been offering us an acoustic take on “Spiders”, but in my not-so-expert opinion, it has hindered the song for this very reason. The original direction, a psychedelic jaunt through Jeff Tweedy’s paranoia is lost with an acoustic guitar. Let Nels Cline shine on “Spiders” like we all know he can. This is a simple plea to Mr. Tweedy and if you agree with me (how could you not?), please drop a comment below and tweet to @Wilco with the following hashtag #ELECTRICspiders. You can thank me later. Here’s proof of it’s magic:
Hollywood Bowl Ticket Giveaway:
Don’t miss out on Wilco’s first trip to the legendary Hollywood Bowl on September 30th! Win two tickets from @LiveMusicBlog. It’s easy, just head over to the giveaway page and enter in the commments section.
Wilco‘s Remaining 2012 U.S. Concert Dates:
Fri, Sept 21 Berkeley, CA Greek Theatre (Check out the official print from Nate Duval)
Sat, Sept 22 Berkeley, CA Greek Theatre
Sun, Sept 23 Reno, NV Grand Sierra Theatre
Tue, Sept 25 Jacksonville, OR Britt Pavilion
Wed, Sept 26 Redding, CA Cascade Theatre
Fri, Sept 28 Palm Desert, CA McCallum Theatre
Sat, Sept 29 San Luis Obispo, CA Avila Beach Resort
Sun, Sept 30 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl (Win Tickets from Live Music Blog)
Bonus Video: An entire performance from 1996
See you at the Bowl and don’t forget #ELECTRICspiders.
About the author
Aaron is originally from the east coast (Warren, MA) but currently resides on the West Side in Santa Monica, CA working as an editor for the Fox Sports Network. Besides live music (Phish, Wilco, Bill Frisell), he appreciates street art, photography, Wes Anderson films, and traveling. Follow him on twitter and instagram.
- 03/08/2013 • Wilco to Perform All Fan-Request Set @ Solid Sound Festival, 6/21
- 01/17/2013 • Nels Cline and Mike Watt join Eric McFadden and Melt the Mint – 1/16/13
- 01/08/2013 • Nels Cline to Join Eric McFadden (1/16) at his Mint LA Residency in January
- 12/03/2012 • Live Music Blog’s Best of 2012: Concerts, Albums, Artists and More (Part Two)
- 09/10/2012 • MMW Announces a Special Residency @ Blue Note NYC
- 06/18/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Four Highlights and Best of Roo Awards
- 06/17/2013 • Music Midtown 2013: Phoenix, RHCP, Queens of the Stone Age and More Lead ATL Festival
- 06/17/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti @ Tipitina’s Uptown NOLA 6/15/13
- 06/17/2013 • Pink Floyd Releases Catalog On Spotify
- 06/17/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Three Highlights (Superjam, Two Gallants & William Tyler)