My Morning Jacket Confirms Capitol Theatre Run, NYE in Boston
Last week we saw that My Morning Jacket had dates “leaked” on their ticketing site for a three night run at the newly re-opened Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, NY ahead of the New Year’s Eve holiday, and while it was heavily rumored and on good authority that the band would be doing a New Year’s Eve show in Boston (via Hidden Track), nothing had been announced yet until today. The band just released the news that The Capitol Theatre shows are indeed confirmed and the first New Year’s Eve show by the band since 2008 has also been confirmed at Agganis Arena in Boston with Preservation Hall Jazz Band joining them for the show. It will be a night of Spontaneous Curation which means the show will have many chances to be something not to be missed.
And in case you haven’t been following along, we’ve been covering the tour this year pretty closely so go here to see all of our recent posts on the band.
My Morning Jacket NYE Run
12/27: Port Chester, NY @ The Capitol Theatre #
12/28: Port Chester, NY @ The Capitol Theatre #
12/29: Port Chester, NY @ The Capitol Theatre #
12/31: Boston, MA @ Agganis Arena %
# = with special guest TBA
% = with support by Preservation Hall Jazz Band
My Morning Jacket will take the stage of the historic Capital Theater in Port Chester, NY for three consecutive nights in continuation of their Spontaneous Curation Series. To keep with the spirit of the series, no songs will repeat for each of these performances. The renowned landmark, built in 1926, once housed acts such as The Grateful Dead (18 years in a one-year span from 1970-1971), Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, David Bowie, The Dead, among others and was was recently re-opened this past year. In conjunction with each night of the show, every Capital Theater ticket buyer will receive a complimetnary download which will be delivered shortly after each performance.
Two days later, My Morning Jacket will make their way up the east coast for an unforgettable New Year’s Eve performance at Agganis Arena, with support for the ledgendary Preservation Hall Jazz Band. The special New Years Eve show will not take part of the Spontaneous Curation Series in order to ensure an evening full of surprises.
Pre-sale tickets for all four shows will be available to the band’s fan club Roll Call Wednesday at via mymornngjacket.com. Tickets for Capital Theater will go on sale to the general public, Friday at 10am EST via ticketfly.com. Tickets for Agganis Arena will be available to the general public, Friday at 12 noon via ticketmaster.com.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 06/11/2013 • Breaking Down The Bonnaroo 2013 Superjams
- 06/11/2013 • My Morning Jacket Announces One Big Holiday Festival in Mexico
- 05/17/2013 • My Morning Jacket Will Begin Work On New LP This Fall
- 05/13/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Jim James @ Fonda Theatre, Hollywood, CA 5/11/13
- 05/10/2013 • PREVIEW: Five Must-See Sets at Hangout Music Fest 2013
- 06/19/2013 • WATCH: Dehaan aka Metallica Perform “Kill ‘Em All” In Full @ Orion Fest
- 06/18/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Four Highlights and Best of Roo Awards
- 06/17/2013 • Music Midtown 2013: Phoenix, RHCP, Queens of the Stone Age and More Lead ATL Festival
- 06/17/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti @ Tipitina’s Uptown NOLA 6/15/13
- 06/17/2013 • Pink Floyd Releases Catalog On Spotify