The National to Open for President Obama This Saturday
The National have once again resurfaced to help lend support to President Barack Obama’s presidential campaign. The band’s song “Fake Empire” appeared in a 2008 campaign ad, and in 2010, they opened for Obama in Madison, Wisconsin alongside Ben Harper. Now, according to their Twitter account, the battleground indie band is re-upping their support by opening for the president at a September 1 speech in Des Moines, Iowa.
THE NATIONAL – MR. NOVEMBER
FAKE EMPIRE 2008 CAMPAIGN AD
Wesley grew up in coastal Georgia and is a former resident of The Music City and the Big Easy where he helped get Live Music Blog: NOLA off-the-ground, managing it in New Orleans through Jazz Fest 2012. Hodges now lives amongst THE CALIFORNIANS as a newcomer to West LA. His favorite artists include My Morning Jacket, Sigur Rós, Widespread Panic, The Allman Brothers Band, Dr. Dog, Tame Impala, Anders Osborne, Radiohead and Bobby & The Midnites. Daft Punk is actually playing at his house tonight and you're invited.
- 02/21/2012 • STREAM: White House tribute to the Blues
- 06/03/2010 • Watch President Obama Honor Paul McCartney with Gershwin Prize
- 10/09/2008 • Jim James Injured After Taking ‘Off the Record’ Too Far | Chicago Shows Postponed
- 09/05/2008 • The Dead Planning Obama Concert, Tour for Spring 2009
- 08/28/2008 • Yonder Mountain String Band Rocks the DNC Today
- 05/17/2013 • My Morning Jacket Will Begin Work On New LP This Fall
- 05/17/2013 • PHOTOS: Kurt Vile & the Violators @ Bowery Ballroom, NYC 5/16/13
- 05/17/2013 • Interlocken Festival 2013: Neil Young, Furthur, SCI, Black Crowes and More
- 05/17/2013 • WEBCAST: Hangout Music Fest 2013 on MTV.com
- 05/16/2013 • NEW MUSIC: Queens of the Stone Age Debut “If I Had A Tail”