TICKET GIVEAWAY: Howlin’ Rain @ Rickshaw Stop (SF) – 8/17/12
WHO: Howlin’ Rain and Strange Vine
WHERE: Rickshaw Stop @ 155 Fell Street, San Francisco, CA
WHEN: August 17, 2012
HOW TO WIN: Leave a comment below with your favorite track from the new LP Russian Wilds for a chance to win a pair of tix to the show!
Bay Area psych rockers Howlin’ Rain will be playing the Rickshaw Stop after night one of Phish’s 3-night run at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium. 2012 has been a big year for the power-quintet after releasing the critically-acclaimed (and certifiably glorious) new record Russian Wilds, an LP with a gargantuan sound produced by Rick Rubin. So if you can make the show, enter for a chance to win a pair of free tix!
Wesley grew up in coastal Georgia and is a former resident of The Music City and the Big Easy where he helped get Live Music Blog: NOLA off-the-ground, managing it in New Orleans through Jazz Fest 2012. Hodges now lives amongst THE CALIFORNIANS as a newcomer to West LA. His favorite artists include My Morning Jacket, Sigur Rós, Widespread Panic, The Allman Brothers Band, Dr. Dog, Tame Impala, Anders Osborne, Radiohead and Bobby & The Midnites. Daft Punk is actually playing at his house tonight and you're invited.
- 11/06/2012 • ROUNDUP: What Five Bands Should Be Bigger Than They Are (Part Three)
- 10/09/2012 • FESTIVAL PREVIEW: Joshua Tree Roots Music Festival 2012
- 02/03/2012 • Sasquatch 2012 Lineup: Jack White, Beck, Bon Iver, The Shins, Pretty Lights, Tenacious D
- 09/13/2008 • Bumbershoot 2008: Sunday in Review
- 05/17/2013 • My Morning Jacket Will Begin Work On New LP This Fall
- 05/17/2013 • PHOTOS: Kurt Vile & the Violators @ Bowery Ballroom, NYC 5/16/13
- 05/17/2013 • Interlocken Festival 2013: Neil Young, Furthur, SCI, Black Crowes and More
- 05/17/2013 • WEBCAST: Hangout Music Fest 2013 on MTV.com
- 05/16/2013 • NEW MUSIC: Queens of the Stone Age Debut “If I Had A Tail”