VIDEO: Marco Benevento feat. Kalmia Traver – “This is How It Goes” (Live @ High Sierra 2012)
Sometimes two musical worlds collide and make so much sense that you wonder why it hadn’t happened before that moment when you see it happening… right?! That’s kind of my mindset when I think about Kalmia Traver from Rubblebucket and how she recorded a track for Marco Benevento’s latest album called “This is How It Goes.” You’ve heard it here before, and we saw that Marco was going to try and make this “duet” happen at High Sierra, and sure enough, Marco’s Sunday night set at the Vaudeville Tent was a short time after the Rubblebucket set so the two got together and sang for the Sunday night scragglers.
High Sierra was a sell out this year, but with the odd holiday timing a lot of folks packed up and went on Sunday morning (like yours truly). Thankfully, the people that sticked it out were rewarded with plenty of good music, no major crowds for the bands they wanted to see, and perfect sight lines to the stage to capture the magic. My roommmate Morgan got this awesome video…
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track
- 05/22/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: The Black Angels & Hanni El Khatib @ The Mayan LA 5/21/13
- 05/21/2013 • Interlocken Fest Confirms Multiple Nights of Widespread Panic, Furthur, SCI and The Black Crowes