Tourbox by Songkick, a tool for musicians to publish tour dates
Songkick announced today that they’ve created a tool for allowing musicians to publish their tour dates across a myriad of online networks, much like the ArtistData tool that was bought by Sonicbids a few years back. They’re calling this tool Tourbox; read more from their founder Ian here via their official blog post.
Today, we’re expanding our mission to enable artists to join Songkick’s community of people who believe in the power of live music. We’re excited to tell you about Tourbox, our revolutionary new publishing tool for artists. It’s super easy-to-use. Simply enter your tour dates, once, and we publish them everywhere. Automagically they hit Songkick, Spotify, SoundCloud and YouTube as well as on an artist’s website, Facebook and Tumblr. Tourbox helps musicians at any stage of their career power their tour listings across all of their pages and profiles.
This isn’t the first tool of its type created for musicians. I’ve used ArtistData with my band NVO and it’s certainly an easy tool to use, but with the grown behind Songkick and their apps on Facebook and Spotify, I’m putting money on them as the provider of choice in the world of “independent” concert data in the long run future.
Read more: TechCrunch
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track
- 05/22/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: The Black Angels & Hanni El Khatib @ The Mayan LA 5/21/13
- 05/21/2013 • Interlocken Fest Confirms Multiple Nights of Widespread Panic, Furthur, SCI and The Black Crowes
- 05/21/2013 • JamBase Live at The Gorge Has Been Cancelled