Should “brands” sponsor music festivals?!
“The best strategy for brands looking to sponsor a festival is to create exciting, unexpected experiences for fans that have a ‘wow’ factor. Festival goers are passionate about music but they go to festivals first and foremost to live an incredible moment with friends – so signage or sampling alone will not get their attention.”
If I had my way, the only sponsors at music festivals would be killer beer companies, soap companies, and wifi providers. Build a music festival with sponsors that truly support a music festival experience, and fans will notice.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 06/18/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Four Highlights and Best of Roo Awards
- 06/17/2013 • Music Midtown 2013: Phoenix, RHCP, Queens of the Stone Age and More Lead ATL Festival
- 06/17/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti @ Tipitina’s Uptown NOLA 6/15/13
- 06/17/2013 • Pink Floyd Releases Catalog On Spotify
- 06/17/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Three Highlights (Superjam, Two Gallants & William Tyler)