Ween Call It Quits
“Pretty much, yeah,” says Freeman. “It’s been a long time, 25 years. It was a good run.”
Freeman, who released his solo debut Marvelous Clouds earlier this month, says there’s no animosity towards his bandmates or Melchiondo, who he met in the eighth grade. He says the pair are still on speaking terms, even though he’s been contemplating the decision for the past eight years.
“For me it’s a closed book. In life sometimes, in the universe, you have to close some doors to have others open,” says Freeman. “There’s no, ‘Goddamn that such and such!’ For me, I’d like to think it’s a door I can close finally.”
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 12/03/2012 • Live Music Blog’s Best of 2012: Concerts, Albums, Artists and More (Part Two)
- 06/16/2012 • VIDEOS / RECAP: Phish @ DCU Center, Worcester MA, 6/8/12
- 05/31/2012 • Ween eulogized by Aquarium Drunkard
- 10/31/2011 • LMB NYC: This Week’s Concert Calendar – Oct 31 – Nov 6
- 09/07/2011 • PHOTOS: moe.down 2011
- 05/17/2013 • My Morning Jacket Will Begin Work On New LP This Fall
- 05/17/2013 • PHOTOS: Kurt Vile & the Violators @ Bowery Ballroom, NYC 5/16/13
- 05/17/2013 • Interlocken Festival 2013: Neil Young, Furthur, SCI, Black Crowes and More
- 05/17/2013 • WEBCAST: Hangout Music Fest 2013 on MTV.com
- 05/16/2013 • NEW MUSIC: Queens of the Stone Age Debut “If I Had A Tail”