VIDEO PREVIEW: Wakarusa Music Festival 2012
This Canadian group made waves as the first unsigned group to appear on the cover of Rolling Stone. Now they are on a non-stop summer tour as they work to release their next full-length record. I’m hoping to see these guys move up to the main stage next year.
Even though I almost blew out my eardrums at Big G at Waka last year, they were still one of the highlights of the festival. Now with a main stage spot and a sexy new set-up, these guys are definitely going to outdo themselves.
Opiuo is dopio. Bad puns aside he is seriously one of my favorite up-and-coming electronic acts and I am sure I am not the only one. Even if you only get over to the Satellite stage once he whole weekend, go see this wub-dub glitch master at work.
If an old Louisiana blues musician, Oriental folk instruments, and a West-African drum circle where in some kind of crazy musical orgy, it would probably make a sound like Toubab Krewe. Then again what else would you expect from a group on the Nat Geo Music label?
These guys drop some down and dirty rub-a-dubstep that will keep you from feeling clean for weeks. Strap on your bass face and check em’ out Sunday afternoon at The Untz Satellite Stage.
Joseph Smith is a student at the University of Colorado at Boulder as well as an editor/writer/photographer for LMB CO.
You can follow him on twitter at @JosephS89.
- 05/23/2013 • WATCH: Prince – “Let’s Go Crazy -> FixUrLifeUp -> Let’s Go Crazy” @ Billboard Music Awards 2013
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track
- 05/22/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: The Black Angels & Hanni El Khatib @ The Mayan LA 5/21/13