PHOTOS: The Barr Brothers @ Brighton Music Hall, Boston 5/15/12
The Barr Brothers came to Boston this past Tuesday, bringing with them a new self titled album and fresh tour. Brad Barr noted early that it had been years since he’s played on the Brighton Music Hall stage, known then as Harper’s Ferry, and that he and his brother used to live right down the street from the venue. The sold out local crowd gave a warm reception to the new band, most people first knowing the brothers Barr from their band The Slip, a local favorite on the mid-90s jam band scene. The Barr Brothers new lineup features harpist Sarah Page and multi-instrumentalist Andres Vial. They deliver a whole new sound mixing folk, rock, some jazz elements from drummer Andrew Barr and layers of sounds from hand clapping to odd percussion instruments to a bicycle tire rim mounted on the drum kit. The show had a great rhythm mixing the slower folk ballads but keeping people moving with up tempo rock and blues. This project is certainly something I will be checking out again and am already looking forward to the next album to hit.
Check out my gallery from the show below:
- 05/24/2013 • PHOTOS / VIDEOS: Colin Stetson @ Museum of Fine Arts, Boston 5/9/13
- 05/23/2013 • WATCH: Prince – “Let’s Go Crazy -> FixUrLifeUp -> Let’s Go Crazy” @ Billboard Music Awards 2013
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track