PHOTOS: 2012 French Quarter Fest
The 29th Annual French Quarter Fest once again reigned over the downtown area this past weekend, attracting masses of live music fans from near-and-far to the largest free music festival in the South for over 275 hours of locally-based music on over 20 stages. Photographer Jimmy Grotting was able to capture a big chunk of the action including sets by Astral Project, Theresa Andersson, Gal Holiday and the Honky Tonk Revue, Honey Island Swamp Band, Treme Brass Band, The Ramblin’ Letters and more. Continue on down below for an extensive gallery from the weekend.
Wesley grew up in coastal Georgia and is a former resident of The Music City and the Big Easy where he helped get Live Music Blog: NOLA off-the-ground, managing it in New Orleans through Jazz Fest 2012. Hodges now lives amongst THE CALIFORNIANS as a newcomer to West LA. His favorite artists include My Morning Jacket, Sigur Rós, Widespread Panic, The Allman Brothers Band, Dr. Dog, Tame Impala, Anders Osborne, Radiohead and Bobby & The Midnites. Daft Punk is actually playing at his house tonight and you're invited.
- 10/31/2012 • PREVIEW: 4 Must See Acts @ Bear Creek Festival 2012
- 08/17/2012 • BUKU Music Project Announces 2013 Dates
- 07/17/2012 • MuteMath Releases Tour Dates – Possible Spot at Voodoo?
- 06/23/2012 • Voodoo Releases 2012 Expansive Lineup: Jack White, Avetts, Bootsy Join The Ritual
- 06/18/2012 • PHOTOS / VIDEOS / SETLIST: Skrillex @ Hangout Fest 2012
- 05/23/2013 • WATCH: Prince – “Let’s Go Crazy -> FixUrLifeUp -> Let’s Go Crazy” @ Billboard Music Awards 2013
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track
- 05/22/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: The Black Angels & Hanni El Khatib @ The Mayan LA 5/21/13
Comments are closed.