PHOTOS: Tennis, White Rabbits @ Union Transfer, Philly 3.6.12
The show started off with the hypnotic styling of Daughters and the crowds attention never wavered from there. The husband and wife duo known as Tennis took the stage next. They seemed to bring in a crowd equal to that of white rabbit, or at least a equally enthusiastic crowd. Alaina Moore voice was quite yet commanding, she mainly stayed behind he old school keyboard swaying side to side wile she belted out the tunes from their new album Young & Old. With the moments where she decided to sneak her way up away from her keyboard were swell. She danced in an Elaine Benes sorta way, where it started off awkward and moved to be delightful.
White Rabbits took to the stage shortly after, and they instantly won me over when their two drummer attack to begin the beat for “Heavy Metal”. Their harmonies and instrumental versatilaty was incredible. The band was also celebrating their albums official release Milk Famous had dropped that day.
About the author
Eric Tsurumoto is a photographer and student living in Philadelphia and a regular contributor to LMB. He tweets at @tsumo1990...
- 06/18/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Four Highlights and Best of Roo Awards
- 06/17/2013 • Music Midtown 2013: Phoenix, RHCP, Queens of the Stone Age and More Lead ATL Festival
- 06/17/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti @ Tipitina’s Uptown NOLA 6/15/13
- 06/17/2013 • Pink Floyd Releases Catalog On Spotify
- 06/17/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Three Highlights (Superjam, Two Gallants & William Tyler)