Wild Magnolias Featuring Big Chief Bo Dollis and Big Chief Monk Boudreaux @ Tipitina’s 3/10/12
New Orleans is easily distracted.
While eating at world-class restaurants, we talk about our next meal. During cherished celebrations like Jazz Fest and Mardi Gras, we continuously compare it to past years’ events to display our keen levels of appreciation.
Yet on Saturday night at Tipitina’s, there was nothing but joy, gratitude and awe from the age-diverse crowd as Big Chief Bo Dollis took his ailing body to the stage for what some believed to be the final time.
Flanked by fellow legend Big Chief Monk Boudreaux and the Wild Magnolias, Dollis forced his signature scream and ebullient attitude to crack through the illness which wouldn’t even allow him to stand on his own.
Wesley grew up in coastal Georgia and is a former resident of The Music City and the Big Easy where he helped get Live Music Blog: NOLA off-the-ground, managing it in New Orleans through Jazz Fest 2012. Hodges now lives amongst THE CALIFORNIANS as a newcomer to West LA. His favorite artists include My Morning Jacket, Sigur Rós, Widespread Panic, The Allman Brothers Band, Dr. Dog, Tame Impala, Anders Osborne, Radiohead and Bobby & The Midnites. Daft Punk is actually playing at his house tonight and you're invited.
- 05/23/2013 • WATCH: Prince – “Let’s Go Crazy -> FixUrLifeUp -> Let’s Go Crazy” @ Billboard Music Awards 2013
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track
- 05/22/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: The Black Angels & Hanni El Khatib @ The Mayan LA 5/21/13
Comments are closed.