RECAP: Built To Spill @ One Eyed Jacks, NOLA 3/9/12
The night concluded with an onslaught of indie-jam magic. Built to Spill are by no means a jam band though, but do enjoy the occasion to extend their tunes with severe pedal action. It seemed like there were over a dozen effect petals at foot, each having their own purpose, lending to that unique Built to Spill sound. he crowd was charged and gave back every bit of energy they received. Dough was on target, like a well-oiled machine, ripping through their vast catalogue. The set wasn’t peppered with the hits, but more in tune with fan favorites. The last song of the encore, “Conventional” was anything but…really more like a 20 minute journey showcasing the immense talent of the band.
- 02/04/2013 • Sasquatch 2013 Lineup Announced: Mumford & Sons, Postal Service, Sigur Rós, Primus 3D and more
- 01/08/2013 • Built to Spill Announce 2013 Tour Dates and New Members
- 07/12/2012 • RECAP / PHOTOS: High Sierra Music Festival 2012
- 07/11/2012 • RECAP: Governors Ball Music Festival @ Randall’s Island NYC, Day Two 6/24/12
- 03/08/2012 • High Sierra 2012 Lineup: STS9, Galactic, Built to Spill, Lotus, Soulive & more…
- 05/17/2013 • My Morning Jacket Will Begin Work On New LP This Fall
- 05/17/2013 • PHOTOS: Kurt Vile & the Violators @ Bowery Ballroom, NYC 5/16/13
- 05/17/2013 • Interlocken Festival 2013: Neil Young, Furthur, SCI, Black Crowes and More
- 05/17/2013 • WEBCAST: Hangout Music Fest 2013 on MTV.com
- 05/16/2013 • NEW MUSIC: Queens of the Stone Age Debut “If I Had A Tail”
Comments are closed.