Bowery Presents and Pitchfork Expand YouTube Channels
Popular East Coast concert promoter, The Bowery Presents, has announced an expanded channel and presence on YouTube, promising lots of video content including concert webcasts, like the one they tested out last January with Broken Social Scene.
They’ve partnered with Show Cobra for video production, and they’ll debut their first livestream for the new channel with this Friday’s sold-out Sleigh Bells show at Terminal 5. According to their announcement, they’ll be streaming from 12 more shows this year as they expand the channel. It’ll be interesting to see which shows get picked for live streams and this is news I can certainly get behind. Given the sheer volume of shows the Bowery folks put on each year in NYC, there will be tons of great options for live music fans across the country.
Both new channels are part of a larger imitative by YouTube to expand their base of premium channels and content from around the entertainment space. As they continue to add channels, it’ll be interesting to see what other partners they add in the live music side of the fence. We’ll certainly keep an eye out for new ones.
WHITperson -- aka Marc Whitman or simply "Whit" -- is a long-time LMB contributor known for his in-depth posting style and his knack for crafting interesting podcasts. Whit currently resides in Brooklyn, where he's building up his web development chops and hoping to put his technical skills towards something interesting in the music world. Follow his updates over at whitperson.com and on twitter @whitperson.
- 06/17/2013 • Music Midtown 2013: Phoenix, RHCP, Queens of the Stone Age and More Lead ATL Festival
- 06/17/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti @ Tipitina’s Uptown NOLA 6/15/13
- 06/17/2013 • Pink Floyd Releases Catalog On Spotify
- 06/17/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Three Highlights (Superjam, Two Gallants & William Tyler)
- 06/16/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Parquet Courts, Naomi Punk @ Neumos, Seattle, WA 6/12/13