LMB SF: Preservation Hall West Coming Soon!
It’s been just a little over eight months since I took my first trip ever to New Orleans for Jazz Fest 2011, and I’m definitely planning on making a return trek this year to see this year’s festival as well. The lineup is too good (always), and the possibility of some late-night shows that you can’t see anywhere else is just too good to pass up. Unfortunately my trip last year was jam-packed and it didn’t leave enough time to see absolutely everything I wanted to see while I was in the city. One of those spots was Tipitina’s (blasphemous, I know) and one of the spots was Preservation Hall (a tough ticket during the fest no matter who is playing). Those are two must-see’s this time around.
But this post is about Preservation Hall specifically, and more specifically about me getting the good word sent my way that the purveyor of Preservation Hall is putting the final touches on opening up Preservation Hall West in San Francisco’s Mission district, right on Valencia Street…
The Planning Commission gave the owner of 777 Valencia the OK on Thursday to begin construction of two restaurants and a jazz venue, Preservation Hall West.
“We see great things for a long time to come in the Mission District,” said Jack Knowles, the owner of the property. Knowles also owns Oakland’s A Coté restaurant.
The Chapel at 777 Valencia will be an upscale restaurant serving New Orleans and Southern food, and the Second Line Café will offer more casual and moderately priced dining. The adjacent parking space will serve as outdoor seating for the café, and the auditorium will be an entertainment venue, according to the plans.
People are already checking in on Foursquare, too. Can’t wait to see this come together.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 05/07/2013 • PHOTOS: Sunday Gospel and Jazz @ Jazz Fest 2013 (John Boutté & Leo Jackson)
- 05/07/2013 • The ‘State of the Listen’ @ Jazz Fest 2013
- 05/07/2013 • PHOTOS / VIDEOS: The Meter Men with Page McConnell @ Jazz Fest 2013
- 05/06/2013 • PHOTOS: Final Day @ Jazz Fest 2013 (Trombone Shorty, Black Keys, Meter Men with Page & More)
- 05/04/2013 • PHOTOS: Jazz Fest 2013 (Willie Nelson, Jerry Douglas, Papa Grows Funk and More)
- 05/23/2013 • WATCH: Prince – “Let’s Go Crazy -> FixUrLifeUp -> Let’s Go Crazy” @ Billboard Music Awards 2013
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track
- 05/22/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: The Black Angels & Hanni El Khatib @ The Mayan LA 5/21/13