Phish tops Hot Tours List with NYE 2012 Run
Legendary jam band Phish tops Hot Tours with ticket sales totals reported from its traditional year ending run of concerts at the partially refurbished Madison Square Garden in New York City. The band played the arena to close out 2011 with sellout shows on each night from Dec. 28 through New Year’s Eve. The four performances grossed more than $4.3 million with a total of 75,707 tickets sold – an average of 18,927 per show. At the end of 2010, the band played three shows at the arena (Dec. 30, 2010-Jan. 1, 2011) with 55,710 tickets sold for the whole run, an average of 18,570 per show.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 01/06/2012 • PHISH FRIDAY: 10 Video Highlights from NYE 2012 Run
- 01/03/2012 • SETLIST / VIDEO: Phish @ Madison Square Garden, NYC 12/31/11
- 12/30/2011 • SETLIST: Phish @ Madison Square Garden, NYC 12/29/11
- 12/13/2011 • Watch Phish NYE at MSG on Couch Tour
- 10/15/2011 • Furthur Announces 3-Night NYE Run in SF
- 05/17/2013 • My Morning Jacket Will Begin Work On New LP This Fall
- 05/17/2013 • PHOTOS: Kurt Vile & the Violators @ Bowery Ballroom, NYC 5/16/13
- 05/17/2013 • Interlocken Festival 2013: Neil Young, Furthur, SCI, Black Crowes and More
- 05/17/2013 • WEBCAST: Hangout Music Fest 2013 on MTV.com
- 05/16/2013 • NEW MUSIC: Queens of the Stone Age Debut “If I Had A Tail”