New Trey Anastasio album with members of The National, Mates of States
Since winding up his fall tour, the Phish guitarist has been making a daily commute from his New York City home to Bridgeport, Connecticut’s Tarquin Studios, recording with his band and members of the National and Mates of State for the last month. Peter Katis, who owns the suburban studio and has produced a string of indie rock albums there (Interpol’s Turn on the Bright Lights and Antics, The National’s Boxer, Mates of State’s Rearrange Us), is co-producing the album with Anastasio.
I, for one, welcome any and all inspiration to strike Trey these days and seeing the band’s forays into covering Pavement, Neutral Milk Hotel and TV on the Radio all point to this as a very logical progression. Let’s see what he does with it.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 05/24/2013 • PHOTOS / VIDEOS: Colin Stetson @ Museum of Fine Arts, Boston 5/9/13
- 05/23/2013 • WATCH: Prince – “Let’s Go Crazy -> FixUrLifeUp -> Let’s Go Crazy” @ Billboard Music Awards 2013
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track