Jam Cruise 10: Let the countdown begin!
The final additions and tweaks have been made to the JamCruise schedule, which means we’re getting into the home stretch. Jamuary is right around the corner!
One of the best things about the cruise is the interaction with the musicians on the boat, and getting to chill with them in close quarters. Whether it’s the opportunity to sing your favorite karaoke song with members of Umphrey’s McGee backing you, or playing Bingo with Jon Fishman or Trombone Shorty calling out the numbers, the schedulers always do a great job of coming up with fun activities for the cruisers and getting the musicians involved.
This year’s highlights: Skerik & Mike D will be officiating what is sure to be a hilarious “wedding” ceremony on the pool deck, Simon from the New Mastersounds will be leading a game of Simon Says, Marco Benevento officiates a rousing game of (what else?) Marco Polo, and Keller Williams hosts Musical Mad Libs, whatever that is. There are also workshops for folks hoping to learn more about playing Moogs, lighting design tricks of the trade from Umphrey’s lighting director, finger picking help from the likes of The Keels, and insights into the song making process with George Porter Jr, Nathan Moore, and Anders Osborne. If those workshops don’t sounds like your cup of team, all the more time to hop in a hot tub or hit the blackjack tables and spa!
Jamcruise 2012 is sold out, but prebooking for JamCruise 11 started yesterday. Don’t get left behind on land!
Hailing from outside of Philadelphia, but now residing in San Francisco, Pete has been a live music junkie since year one, hitting concerts and music festivals up and down the eastern seaboard whenever he could. After a quick post-college stint soaking up the music scene in Brooklyn, Pete made the move out to the Bay Area in 2006, and hasn't looked back.
- 05/10/2013 • PREVIEW: Five Must-See Sets at Hangout Music Fest 2013
- 05/06/2013 • Terrapin Crossroads Spring Fling Party Will Feature Phil Lesh, Anders, Joe Russo and More
- 05/03/2013 • Jazz Fest TV Schedule: DMB, Gary Clark Jr., The Meter Men (+Page), WSP & More
- 05/01/2013 • JAM CRUISE 12: Thievery Corporation, Galactic, Les Claypool, Bootsy Collins, Lotus & More
- 04/30/2013 • PHOTOS: Jazz Fest 2013 (Weekend One)
- 05/23/2013 • WATCH: Prince – “Let’s Go Crazy -> FixUrLifeUp -> Let’s Go Crazy” @ Billboard Music Awards 2013
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track
- 05/22/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: The Black Angels & Hanni El Khatib @ The Mayan LA 5/21/13