EPIC GIVEAWAY: Entire Pink Floyd Catalog!
Remember just a few weeks ago when we were posting constantly about Pink Floyd to help celebrate the reissues of their entire catalog on EMI? Hopefully that got your appetite for the band back, because we’re excited to be able to award ONE lucky LMB reader with the entire reissue catalog. That’s right…every single Pink Floyd release that you see in the photo above…
You can pick up the entire reissue catalog over at iTunes/PinkFloyd. Or you can keep reading to find out why we’ve got a whole set of music to giveaway this week to one of the lucky ones…
See, it’s all part of the Why Pink Floyd? campaign, a marketing campaign designed to get people reinterested in the band’s music. Long time music fans welcomed the expression and outpouring of content on the internet and television that was dedicated to the band; if you’ve ever gone through that quintessential Pink Floyd phase in your musical listening history, then this was a fun nostalgia trip for you. And maybe, just maybe, there really was a handful of new fans that find themselves seeing “new releases” at Best Buy and wondering what some of those covers actually were hiding.
I say, the more the merrier. I welcome the reissues for both reasons.
And thanks to the PR team over at this campaign, we’ve got ONE entire set of the reissues to give out to one lucky fan. If you want a chance at winning, I need your help spreading the word about the reissues on iTunes and I need some link love for LIVEMUSICBLOG.com.
TO WIN THE GOODS, do the following:
- “Like” us on Facebook and share this post on your wall! You can “Like” this post if you want, but it’s not enough. Make sure you browse over to facebook.com/livemusicblog to *officially* become a fan of our site and share this post, yo.
- Share this link on Twitter and throw an @LiveMusicBlog in there so we can find your tweet.
- Email email@example.com with a link or screengrab from your wall post and tweet promoting the giveaway! Make sure you include a link to your Twitter profile in the email and just be direct about where I can find your blasts. Also, tell me what you like and dislike about our site. I’m working on some cool stuff in the very near future and I’d love the advice/ideas on directions you’d like to see our site head in…
You’ve got until the end of the week to help spread the word about LIVEMUSICBLOG.com and this here Pink Floyd reissue, and I’ll pick a winner at random from the emails I get and announce a winner first thing Monday morning and get the package out to you ASAP. Update: I should have noted sooner but this contest is open to US live music fans only! Sorry my international bros!
They’ll be more giveaways from us coming soon, so thanks in advance for staying up on our site and helping to spread the word.
Update: we’ve picked a winner! James Munoz is the lucky randomly chosen dude! Thanks to anyone that put in a good word for the site and sent me a thought-out email! Much appreciated. :)
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 06/23/2012 • Don’t forget about our FREE GIVEAWAY of the new Phish ‘Chicago ’94′ Box Set; drop a comment for a chance to win!
- 10/21/2011 • Phish Friday: One-Year Guyutica Anniversary + Giveaway
- 09/24/2010 • Giveaway: LCD Soundsystem in Vegas!
- 09/13/2008 • Phish Friday | Walnut Creek Giveaway
- 06/29/2006 • Win Phish ‘Live in Brooklyn’ Goodies from Live Music Blog
- 05/19/2013 • WATCH: Kanye West on Saturday Night Live
- 05/19/2013 • SETLIST / VIDEO: Rolling Stones (w/ Dave Grohl) @ Honda Center, Anaheim, CA 5/18/13
- 05/17/2013 • My Morning Jacket Will Begin Work On New LP This Fall
- 05/17/2013 • PHOTOS: Kurt Vile & the Violators @ Bowery Ballroom, NYC 5/16/13
- 05/17/2013 • Interlocken Festival 2013: Neil Young, Furthur, SCI, Black Crowes and More