PHOTOS: Pat Jordache, tUnE-YaRds @ Union Transfer, Philly 10/9/11
Boy was this a amazing show. Both Pat Jordache and tUnE-YaRds brought the house down. The newly opened Union Transfer was a beautiful home to the final stop on this long tour for Merrill Garbus and her opener Pat Jordache. The 600 person venue was acoustically brilliant and visually intimate.
Pat Jordache’s gritty and moody set reminded me of a mix between The National and TV on the Radio, while the tUnE-YaRds set was polished and flowed seamlessly and had remnants of artists like Paul Simon and Animal Collective.
About the author
Eric Tsurumoto is a photographer and student living in Philadelphia and a regular contributor to LMB. He tweets at @tsumo1990...
- 06/18/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Four Highlights and Best of Roo Awards
- 06/17/2013 • Music Midtown 2013: Phoenix, RHCP, Queens of the Stone Age and More Lead ATL Festival
- 06/17/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti @ Tipitina’s Uptown NOLA 6/15/13
- 06/17/2013 • Pink Floyd Releases Catalog On Spotify
- 06/17/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Three Highlights (Superjam, Two Gallants & William Tyler)