Roger Waters Was Psyched on Pink Floyd Week
In the wake of Pink Floyd week on the Jimmy Fallon Show, I’d just like to thank all the musicians who performed covers.
As I said on Tuesday, I thought The Shins version of Breath was an inspired and beautiful interpretation.
The Foo Fighters were terrific, great energy, great musicians, great fun to play with, thank you guys.
MGMT, playing Lucifer Sam brought back lots of memories of Syd and those early years, I thought theirs was a very moving homage to him, also nice yellow trousers and lobsters and knots.
Wish you were here!! Dierks, I was truly moved. I loved the fiddle, the pedal steel, you sang it beautifully, Hank Williams would have been proud of you.
And finally Pearl Jam’s Mother, what a fitting conclusion to the week. Thank you all it means a lot.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 04/04/2013 • WATCH: Deerhunter Debuts Title Track from New LP on Fallon
- 10/31/2012 • VIDEO: Trey Anastasio Band covers “O-o-h Child” on Jimmy Fallon
- 10/05/2012 • VIDEO: Animal Collective – “Rosie Oh” (Late Night with Jimmy Fallon)
- 04/09/2012 • Dr. John and Dan Auerbach Perform “Revolution” on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon
- 02/10/2012 • VIDEO: Primus Played Late Night with Jimmy Fallon
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track
- 05/22/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: The Black Angels & Hanni El Khatib @ The Mayan LA 5/21/13
- 05/21/2013 • Interlocken Fest Confirms Multiple Nights of Widespread Panic, Furthur, SCI and The Black Crowes