The New Mastersounds ‘Breaks from the Border’ Sessions
The New Mastersounds have definitely been a band I’ve been paying more attention to in the past few year, and it’s a good time to be a fan of this band considering they’re about to release their new album, Breaks from the Border, due out to the public a week from this Tuesday on August 9. I was front row for their recent show here in SF at Brick and Mortar celebrating the album’s release, and the band tore through a set of funky tunes with plenty of new cuts that got me excited to hear the new tunes from the studio.
This new album is being recorded at Sonic Ranch and the band has been releasing videos showing some documentary style footage of the recording process and a bit more about the environment they immersed themselves in to get this funkiness down on tape. The third in the series was just posted the other day; check out 1, 2 & 3 after the jump. Good stuff.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 05/02/2013 • PHOTOS: Eddie Roberts’ West Coast Sounds @ One Eyed Jacks NOLA 4/27/13
- 04/06/2013 • LMB PRESENTS: 2013 Jazz Fest Late Night Series @ One Eyed Jacks NOLA!
- 03/29/2013 • House of Blues NOLA Releases Late Night Jazz Fest Schedule
- 12/03/2012 • Live Music Blog’s Best of 2012: Concerts, Albums, Artists and More (Part Two)
- 11/27/2012 • PHOTOS / VIDEOS: Bear Creek 2012 Sunday (Lettuce, Dumpstaphunk & New Mastersounds)
- 05/21/2013 • SETLIST / RECAP / VIDEO: Rolling Stones @ Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA 5/20/13
- 05/21/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Moon Taxi @ Tipitina’s Uptown, New Orleans, LA 5/16/13
- 05/21/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Soundgarden @ The Oakdale Theatre, Wallingford, CT 5/17/13
- 05/20/2013 • R.I.P. Ray Manzarek, The Doors (1939-2013)
- 05/20/2013 • Coachella 2014: Dates Confirmed, Presales Soon