Photos: Battles @ Pitchfork Music Festival 2011
Our own @whitperson is in Chicago this weekend for the Pitchfork Music Festival and he’s been rocking some seriously amazing photos from the sets he’s caught. We’ll have a few more of these to come as he wraps up his coverage from the weekend in the next few days, but for now enjoy his shots from the Battles set. The band played Friday in the mid afternoon heat opposite of tUnE-yArDs which may have drown them out a bit, which isn’t a surprise when you see stuff like this performed live.
Plus Stanier friggin’ took off his shirt…the jams were too hot for his thyroid condition!
Check out Whitperson’s full gallery after the jump; seeing these shots makes me wish I was there. #FOMO.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 10/30/2012 • ROUNDUP: What Five Bands Should Be Bigger Than They Are (Part One)
- 06/11/2012 • Bonnaroo 2012: Highlights from Day Three (Skrillex, Mogwai, Chili Peppers and more)
- 06/06/2012 • Bonnaroo 2012 Webcast Schedule Posted
- 05/09/2012 • TOUR DATES: Battles announce June dates
- 02/14/2012 • Bonnaroo 2012 Lineup: Radiohead, RHCP, Phish, Bon Iver & Beach Boys
- 05/23/2013 • WATCH: Prince – “Let’s Go Crazy -> FixUrLifeUp -> Let’s Go Crazy” @ Billboard Music Awards 2013
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track
- 05/22/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: The Black Angels & Hanni El Khatib @ The Mayan LA 5/21/13