Photos from Glastonbury 2011 (via @in_focus)
The Atlantic’s In Focus blog has 44 amazing photos from this year’s Glastonbury Music Festival, which just wrapped up this weekend and featured a surprise appearance (and return to the stage) by Radiohead.
This weekend, more than 175,000 music fans gathered at Worthy Farm near Glastonbury, England, for the 2011 Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts. The attendees, who set up tents and braved the mud, were treated to performances by U2, Wu-Tang Clan, Crystal Castles, Paul Simon, Ke$ha, and many more. The five-day festival wrapped up last night with glowing reviews for the performances by headliners Beyonce and Coldplay. Today, volunteer clean-up crews are out in full force, tidying up the trampled farm grounds. Gathered here are some scenes from this year’s festivities in Glastonbury.
Some really amazing shots in there; definitely check it out.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 05/19/2013 • SETLIST / VIDEO: Rolling Stones (w/ Dave Grohl) @ Honda Center, Anaheim, CA 5/18/13
- 05/17/2013 • My Morning Jacket Will Begin Work On New LP This Fall
- 05/17/2013 • PHOTOS: Kurt Vile & the Violators @ Bowery Ballroom, NYC 5/16/13
- 05/17/2013 • Interlocken Festival 2013: Neil Young, Furthur, SCI, Black Crowes and More
- 05/17/2013 • WEBCAST: Hangout Music Fest 2013 on MTV.com