Phish Signs Contract for 3-Day Festival @ Watkins Glen
It looks like we’re going to be putting those Phish / Dave Matthews Band festival rumors to bed pretty quick given the latest buzz update on the twitters. Bands That Jam is now confirming that Phish has signed into a contract putting their next festival at the heavily rumored Watkins Glen racetrack over Fourth of July weekend, a hard conflict for me and plenty of my West Coast crew that already made plans to be at High Sierra 2011 with Ween (among others). If there’s anything that could ever pull me away from High Sierra, it would certainly be a three-day East Coast Phish festival.
We’ll have more on the announcement as it’s made official by the band, as I’m sure we’ll need to wait for their webmaster to get the site set up to start stoking people’s interest for the festival.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 05/07/2013 • PHOTOS / VIDEOS: The Meter Men with Page McConnell @ Jazz Fest 2013
- 05/06/2013 • PHOTOS: Final Day @ Jazz Fest 2013 (Trombone Shorty, Black Keys, Meter Men with Page & More)
- 04/30/2013 • Phish Releases 6/20/95 and “The Fleezer” from 6/22/95
- 04/21/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Record Store Day 2013
- 04/18/2013 • David Gilmour Remembers Storm Thorgerson (1944-2013)
- 06/18/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Four Highlights and Best of Roo Awards
- 06/17/2013 • Music Midtown 2013: Phoenix, RHCP, Queens of the Stone Age and More Lead ATL Festival
- 06/17/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti @ Tipitina’s Uptown NOLA 6/15/13
- 06/17/2013 • Pink Floyd Releases Catalog On Spotify
- 06/17/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Three Highlights (Superjam, Two Gallants & William Tyler)